Saturday, March 4, 2017

picked over and restocked!


On my way to the Antiques Expo today, I thought I'd swing by Antique Alley to make sure everything was OK with my case. My expectations of selling anything weren't too high. I thought maybe one or two things would be gone, barely enough to notice. I was wrong about that.


I got to the shop just when it opened, and my case looked like I was halfway moved out. It was really picked over! And silly me, I didn't bring along any more things to fill it back up. So I went back home, priced and boxed more stuff, went back and filled the case. This time I think I got more stuff in it. Some cool goodies.











While I was loading up the case, a staff member handed me the receipts for the week.


The total was $182.60. That was unexpected! The monthly rent for the case is $75, and I was just hoping to make that in a month. Guess I should adjust my expectations a bit, and maybe it's OK to keep hunting for bargains at thrift stores. I never made it to the Antiques Expo, but there's always tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. You're a celeb......people want your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You have a good eye!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. What a fun hobby for you. The happy news is how much I enjoy looking at all the things in your case. The downside is that I am starting to realize that I am an antique too... 50 is the new 30, right? LOL. Have a great weekend. I always enjoy your blog posts. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you have a good eye.... and when you run out of stuff for your case ... let me know and I will send you a couple of boxes of my stuff.... that will be the true test... if you can get rid of my junk. Glad it is going well.

    ReplyDelete