Tuesday, December 13, 2016

new shoes


My new Vans arrived yesterday. They are custom-made with an image of an old Nine-Patch quilt top from my collection, a nod to the famous Vans checkerboard design.

1830s Nine-Patch quilt top
It's pretty easy to design a pair of custom shoes. Just go to the Vans website, click the link for Customs, scroll down to the "blank" white shoes and look for the ones with the "Add Your Own" logo with the little camera icon.


From there, it should be fairly self-explanatory. If you want your own image to appear on the shoes, you will need to upload it from your computer.


You can change the colors of the vamp, quarters, heel counter, binding, collar lining, foxing, foxing stripe, elastic gore and you can even personalize the shoes with text. For me, the most exciting part is being able to use your own images on the vamp.



I could play around with it all day, and of course I plan to order more.



If you wanted to design your own custom vans, what images would you use? And where would you wear them?

4 comments:

  1. Custom Vans?! That is super cool! What a perfect Christmas present that would be for someone with a favorite design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love LOVE these! I would probably customize them with a picture of the Oregon coast... Or wine... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a COOL idea! Thanks for sharing this, I could imagine with all the quilt patterns out there this could be a big hit in that circle too and also for artists

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic. I wish Van's weren't so flat with no arch support. My feet would feel pretty but miserable! Love your designs.

    ReplyDelete