Monday, December 14, 2015

Crafty Planner Podcast Today!

Today I will be the Crafty Planner Podcast guest
Sandi Sawa Hazlewood of Crafty Planner does great podcasts. She's had a whole string of wonderful guests, people I know and admire, so I am delighted to be Sandi's podcast guest today. She's crafty!


Trained as a city planner, Sandi has been crafty in various ways throughout her life. Throughout her childhood, she grew up going to fabric stores, attending quilt shows and cooking/baking for her family’s businesses. She then became obsessed with paper crafts and as a scrapbooker, she designed page accents for several stores, taught design classes along with managing a local store’s teaching program. Her first foray into textile work came when she learned to knit and crochet. After making scarves, ponchos, hats and blankets, sewing and quilting became her passion when she learned about the modern quilt movement.

After a trip to a modern fabric store, Sandi was determined to find like minded crafters in her community and she was one of the founding members and first President of the San Diego Modern Quilt Guild. She has patterns in Make Modern Magazine and maintains a podcast on all things crafty.


Sandi and I talked about all kinds of things, from projects to the creative process, and I was impressed. She did her research beforehand, and if you listen to her other podcasts, several of the guests comment about the surprising things Sandi was able to dig up. She asks great questions, too. Thank you to Sandi for inviting me to be a guest on the podcast. You can listen on iTunes or find all the Crafty Planner podcast episodes here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a regular listener to Crafty Planner. Great job Bill! That was really entertaining. I totally agree green is my next favorite color. And of course I'm in cohoots with you on Jolene Knight and Good Knight Quilts. I might be a quilter but her work brings my quilts up a notch.

    ReplyDelete