Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Thank you, Quilts, Inc.


My friend Deborah Ursell from San Antonio sent me an instant message on Facebook the other day to let me know there was an article on the Quilts, Inc. web site. It was a nice surprise. I didn't realize there would be an article, and lately have found it hard to keep up with press-- a good problem to have! The article, called "Double Knits,,, Quick, Cheap and Easy" is a Suzy's Fancy column by Suzy Labry. In the article, she says,

"What was decidedly 'uncool' a couple decades ago is starting to be hip again. Double knit quilts are having a moment."

Just what I always hoped people would think, but I was blown away to see it in print. The 1970s American quilting revival was the big bang that created our current quilt world; the quilts I collected began to reveal this pivotal period in American quilt history.

polyester patchwork from a pivotal period - the 1970s! 

Thank you to Quilts, Inc. and Suzy Labry. Special thanks to Karey Bresenhan and Nancy Puentes who met with me recently at Quilt! Knit! Stitch! We talked about the polyester quilts that day, among other things. My excitement about the polyester quilts was probably very amusing, and we had a few good laughs about it; but I am thrilled to know these amazing quilts are on the radar. To read the full article, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment