Thursday, May 22, 2014

THIS weekend: Tidal Treasures, Tillamook County Quilt & Fiber Arts Festival

Helene Knott will be the featured artist
Next weekend is the 33rd Annual Tillamook County Quilt & Fiber Arts Festival, Tidal Treasures! The event will take place Friday and Saturday, May 23rd & 24th from 10am to 4pm each day at the Tillamook County Fairgrounds, located at 4603 3rd Street in Tillamook. Helene Knott will be the featured artist, and will be sharing her magnificent quilts and vast knowledge.



When I was in Tillamook a couple weeks ago, I took some pictured of the 2013/2014 Raffle Quilt, which was hanging in the lobby at Latimer Quilt & Textile Center. It's a beautiful wall-hanging size, appliqué sampler quilt called Gracie's Garden, made by the Tillamook County Quilt Guild.


What a great way to spend Memorial Day weekend! I'll probably go on Friday, just because I'm so excited to see the quilts and my friends from Tillamook and the surrounding areas. It's always such a wonderful show. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. It's tempting--but this year I'm spending that weekend in New England. I'm hoping to get to Lowell and check out the quilt museum there. I'll also be in a couple of locations in Conn. and in Providence, so there will be some quilt scouting done while I'm there. Hope you'll take lots and lots of pictures of this show!

    ReplyDelete