Thursday, November 14, 2013

what a day!

Statue of Liberty
First, my apologies to all the friends I didn't get to see on this trip to New York. Next time! I was feeling under the weather and going slowly for the first few days of my visit, but today was catch-up time. I needed to get some pictures of the Statue of Liberty and Chrysler Building for a special project, and while I was at it, I went to the top of the Empire State Building!

Chrysler Building
view from the Empire State Building, looking south
looking north
inside the Empire State Building
the new World Trade Center tower, seen from Ellis Island
Later, I strolled around midtown posting instagram pictures of some of the sights. There was a lot to see!

Plaza Hotel under renovation 
at Central Park
at Rockefeller Center
somewhere in Midtown
The Naked Cowboy performing at Times Square
one man band in the subway
It's been decades since I ran around the city taking pictures all day, and it was a lot to do, but also a lot of fun. Headed home in the morning, but can't wait to come back! Next time, less running around, more visiting with friends.

2 comments:

  1. Ah Bill, I envy you! I love New York. Looks like you were there on an absolutely gorgeous day.

    ReplyDelete