Thursday, April 25, 2013

Polyester Patchwork Crib Quilt

Some new polyester patchwork quilts arrived during the last couple weeks- several crib quilts and a couple larger ones, all incredible bargains. This crib quilt is one of my favorites. It's a very simple one-patch, there's just something about those colors and how they work together. And I love the quirky fabrics mixed in with the solids, especially the floral print.




I found the quilt on Etsy, and it came from Ohio. It is c. 1970, 37" x 38" and tied, with a 3/4" binding brought from back to front. The backing fabric looks like bed sheet material. It sags a bit when hanging, but I think the colors are so neat, it doesn't really matter. I could see this quilt being an inspiration for a modern quilt. The combination of colors is just as fresh looking today as it was 40 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. I just sent a box of double knit poly to Victoria Findlay Wolfe. It was in my mom's house left from sewing projects from the 60's and 70's. I can't wait to see what she does with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome! One of the things they did with polyester double knit in the 70s was raw edge applique. The no-fray quality worked well for raw edge.

      Delete