Saturday, December 22, 2012

Underwater Flight, Urban Aquarium at PDX


Portland International Airport (PDX) is one of my favorite airports in the United States, and one of the things I enjoy most is the ever-changing art display. There is a large, glass enclosed display leading into the "E" terminal, and the current display drew me in and inspired me to pull out my camera so I could share some pictures. It was a fiber art display called "Underwater Flight, Urban Aquarium" by artist Sayuri Sasaki Hemann.


The installation was just lovely, and passers-by slowed down and stopped to take it in. Here are some more pictures.










For more information about artist Sayuri Sasaki Hemann and her Underwater Flight, Urban Aquarium installation, please visit her web site. Click here.

2 comments:

  1. That is a huge installation when you think of the medium, etc. Amazing

    ReplyDelete