Monday, October 1, 2012

Pictures from the NW Quilting Expo

"Go With the Flow" by Mary Goodson
"Masquerade" by Brigit Schueller - Best in Show winner
"Maleah's Wonderland" by Maleah Liebo - one of my favorite youth entries
Terry Knott wins again with "Bursting with Joy"
"Cordoba" by Claudia Pfeil
"Sassy Saucers" by Ricky Hall
"Timeless Moments" by Pat Kuhns
"First Colony" by Betty Busby
"Tropical Fantasy" by Terry Doyle
"Sputnik Stars" by Joanne Roth 
The "Two Rivers, Three Sisters" project was a wonderful sight!
"Beneath the Earth" by Jean Wells Keenan
"Spawn" by Kathy Blondell - part of the SAQA display
"Neverland Map" by CarolAnne Olson
The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative display
I enjoyed the display of quilts from the Umpqua Valley Quilters Guild 
"Cavern" by Bonnie Bucknam
"Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" by Jo Barry
1970s small-scale Hexagon Diamonds at the Latimer booth

4 comments:

  1. Do you know if there is a poster of the Two Rivers, Three Sisters project? Also, has one corp or person stepped forward and bought all the pieces so they can be hung together in public places for the next five to seven years before selling individually???????

    You do take lovely pictures, thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimi, I'm not sure if there's a poster or what the future plans are for the project, but they have some more information about it if you search online. I found a few links. Here's one: http://tinyurl.com/9hpu4oo

      Delete
  2. great pictures, Bill! I thought I had seen every quilt in the show but I guess I missed some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Two Rivers, Three Sisters project was one of my favorites at the show. . .probably because that is the area where I grew up! The hexagon quilt displayed from Latimer was another favorite. Loved the photos and thank you for including "Joy" again! It was a great show.

    ReplyDelete