Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Clean-Up Time!


The third draft of "Beauty Secrets" arrived yesterday, and I've been working on the final draft. It's clean-up time - the last big sweep before I publish the catalog and make it available to the public.


I found a way to add the "Funky Kentucky Beauty", also received this week, and now the catalog includes images of all 41 textile objects in my collection of "New York Beauty" quilts. It took a little juggling around, changing page numbers and assigning new plate numbers, but I'm glad I got the quilt in the book. It would've been sad to exclude only one.


The catalog is packed full of pictures and information, but still needed a little breathing room. At the beginning and end of the last draft, I had included full-page collages of the blocks. When those pages were printed, I didn't like how the blocks ran off the pages, so I got rid of them. I also took out another accent page with four corners of different quilts assembled to make one, and made the page blank. Ahhhh...deep breath!


The block comparisons remain, and since there wasn't an easy place to put the 41st block, I included it at the end with the acknowledgements. It will be a simple little surprise at the end. While I was going through the book, I made adjustments to several of the photos that weren't looking as good as I wanted in print. Fortunately, I didn't need to re-photograph anything!


My goal was originally to have some copies in hand by the time I went to Sisters, but I think I want to see one last proof before ordering sale copies. So, while I may not have print copies in time for Sisters, it's possible the catalog will be available online in the first week in July. Stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. Love love love the 'margin quilts' on your text pages.....eye candy every where you look! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to your finished project. Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been so interesting watching the process...can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love it that you're sharing the process of putting this book together and I look forward to when it'll be available.

    ReplyDelete